SCADA Solutions for Rural Electric Cooperatives
World-Class SCADA and Automation Tools for Your Cooperative
On the path to developing a smarter grid, your electric cooperative will need to make decisions about advanced system automation and control. With PRISM™ supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems from Efacec Advanced Control Systems (Efacec ACS), you get proven, real-time automation solutions that grow with your cooperative.
The PRISM platform, now in its 10th major release, is a proven automation system in use by utilities across the globe. Efacec ACS offers several utility automation solutions that can be tailored to your needs and your budget, including:
- PRISM SCADA System: The Linux-based PRISM SCADA system combines the security and performance of Linux with Efacec ACS’s proven user interface and interoperability. All of the robust features you’d expect are available, including a MultiSpeak® compliant system interface and a large protocol library.
- Network Terminal Units: The Connex™ line of substation controllers go well beyond the functionality of a traditional RTU. Featuring a modular, 32-bit architecture and Virtual RTU™ database mapping, the Connex 30 and Connex 60 provide the ultimate in performance and flexibility. Efficient in-place upgrades for many legacy RTU models are available, saving you time and money.
- Real-time Outage Management: Built using the same high-performance, real-time SCADA engine, PRISM RT-OMS™ is a uniquely powerful solution for outage management utilizing a single integrated map and database for tickets, switching and tagging. RT-OMS includes call-taking, crew management and IVR functionality.
Efacec ACS has supplied utilities with advanced automation systems for more than 35 years. Through its partnership with NRTC, Efacec ACS can also provide a variety of other Smart Grid solutions, including:
- Loss Minimization
- Integrated Volt/VAR Control
- Feeder Automation
- Distribution Automation and Management
For more information about Efacec ACS and NRTC’s smart grid solutions, contact your NRTC regional business manager today.