Shirley Bloomfield, CEO of NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association, and Greg Santoro, NRTC’s senior VP, Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer (pictured right) participated in presentations to 11 telcos winning Smart Rural Communities awards. The program recognizes telcos that overcome financial, regulatory and physical barriers to establish broadband services in their communities. It also serves as a brand platform for rural broadband providers and offers gig-speed certification.
The award presentations were yesterday during the opening session of NTCA’s Fall Conference in Denver. The complete list of awardees includes:
- Arvig, Pelican Rapids, MN
- Bulloch Telephone Cooperative, Statesboro, GA
- Chariton Valley Telephone Corp., Macon, MO
- Green Hills Communications, Breckenridge, MO
- GRM Networks, Princeton, MO
- Kalona Cooperative Technology Co., Kalona, IA
- KanOkla Networks, Caldwell, KS
- Lynxx Network, Camp Douglas, WI
- Mountain Telephone, West Liberty, KY
- RTC Communications, Montgomery, IN
- Wilkes Communications, Wilkes County, NC
NRTC has had an enjoyable week meeting with many of our members in Denver. We share NTCA’s desire to build broadband services and smart community capabilities nationwide and provide several services to help make rural broadband projects successful. Our member reception at the Fall Conference below was one of several meeting places this week.