Local, Federal and state funds are available for your energy projects
Federal and State governments are unleashing a tidal wave of grant funding programs to bridge the digital divide. Our funding experts can help you build a competitive, sustainable, low-risk business plan to win funding and provide a better life for your community.
Current Funding Opportunities
NRTC’s Funding Services team includes experts with more than 50 years of combined regulatory and policy experience. Our team has spent decades analyzing, demystifying and interpreting federal and state regulatory telecom and broadband policies.
We’ll help you evaluate project eligibility, information requirements, and strengths/weaknesses under specific funding scoring frameworks.
Take advantage of our knowledge and experience.
- Helped NRTC members secure millions of dollars of funding for broadband deployment through programs such as:
- The FCC’s Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RDOF) reverse auction
- The Rural Utilities Service’s ReConnect Loan and Grant program
- Educated rural providers on how to obtain millions of dollars for broadband deployment from state broadband funding programs
- Assisted state policymakers navigating federal broadband deployment regulations and procedures
- Worked with rural providers, school districts, municipalities, Tribal nations and others to deploy broadband through the E-rate (Schools & Libraries) and low-income programs
Let us help you secure your community’s share of federal and state broadband grant funding. NRTC’s access to data and experience with funding programs will help you to understand your options and identify which programs may be a good fit for your community. Learn about existing programs and new funding opportunities such as the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act’s $42.5 billion BEAD (Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment) program.
NRTC partners with experienced, proven grant writers to prepare high-quality proposals for broadband and infrastructure funding programs at the federal, state and local levels.
NRTC brings the unique perspective of a funding “scorer,” providing rich feedback to ensure your proposal achieves the maximum points and highest consideration. Take advantage of our expertise to give your application the best chance for success.
NRTC’s CrowdFiber provides one of the most sophisticated broadband information tools in the industry. CrowdFiber maps, validates and integrates every address with CRM, GIS and billing systems. With nearly a decade of experience working with rural broadband providers, including extensive activity in the recent RDOF auction, CrowdFiber offers the most effective way to look at your grant proposal areas, as well as to defend your current or planned service areas from attempts by others seeking funding for inefficient overbuilds.
- American Rescue Plan’s State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund: $350 billion
- American Rescue Plan’s Capital Projects Fund: $10 billion
- Broadband Equity, Access, and Deployment Program: $42.5 billion
- Rural Utility Service’s $1.15 billion ReConnect Grant, Loan, and Loan/Grant program
- Other Opportunities:
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act Energy; Smart Grid and Cybersecurity Programs
- Existing and New State Grant Programs
- Additional government funding initiatives
A Team of Experts to Help Find the Funding Your Project Needs
In response to the high interest in broadband funding throughout government and industry, NRTC has created a Funding Services group to assist members acquire available loans and grants. It is expanding on already extensive experience in the area, including the drive to help rural broadband providers receive funding through last year’s Rural Digital Opportunities Fund (RDOF) reverse auction.